How can The Washington Post, or anyone else, say this? Because its true? Let us take the opposite view, and prove our thesis wrong. [Buzz Aldrin on The Moon]
GIVEN: NASA is the representative of The American People in Space. It is the “MOST SCIENTIFIC” organization planning a Moon mission today. Over the course of several blog-posts, we will look at NASA:
(1) Having been the agency to send more astronauts to their death (14) than ANY space agency in the world and the steps and self-critical appraisals that have been carried out towards a new Moon mission.
(2) The number of scientists holding PhDs as part of the working organization.
(3) The number of women scientists in leadership and as astronauts.
(4) The number fo actual successful launches carried at Cape Canaveral under civilian NASA control in the past 5 years compared to other space agencies.
(5) The number of launches sending astronauts to space/I.S.S. carried out at Cape Canaveral under civilian NASA control in the past 10 years compared to other space agencies.
(6) The breadth and depth of support from the People of The United States of America?
(7) The vehicles available to supply a Moon mission?
(8) NASA’s realistic and anticipated costs for a Moon mission?